Linking pages

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Melissa Williams

Linking pages

Unread post by Melissa Williams »

Hello, I am making manuals for different machines and some of the sections have the same copy. How can I bring in a reoccurring topic into a different manual? I can do it with snippet linked topic, but my pictures don't show up
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Linking pages

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Melissa,
Melissa Williams wrote: I can do it with snippet linked topic, but my pictures don't show up
That is the right way to do it. To make the pictures show up you just need to add a reference to the folder containing the pictures to the Project Search Path in the project where you are using the snippet. You do this in Configuration > Common Properties > Project Search Path.

Important: Help+Manual finds the pictures by searching through the folders in the Search Path list from top to bottom. It will use the FIRST picture file it finds with a matching name. This makes it very easy to move your picture files around, but it also means you have to be careful to avoid duplicate file names. If you have different pictures with the same name in different folders, only the one in the earlier folder in the list will ever get used. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Melissa Williams

Re: Linking pages

Unread post by Melissa Williams »

Thank you for your help!