Bullet points missing in v7.3.6 Update in PDF Output

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Glenn

Bullet points missing in v7.3.6 Update in PDF Output

Unread post by Glenn »

I appear to have encountered a bug whereby bullet points are not displaying in PDF output. I just upgraded from a mid-2017 version of H&M and have encountered this issue in the 7.3.6 update. I am using the standard bullet point icons in Help and Manual and haven't changed any settings. I installed the beta update now available and the bullet points don't display in that either. However, if I create Webhelp output the bullet points are visible.

I initially upgraded my H&M from the mid-2017 version to get around an issue I found in the earlier Toolbox whereby I couldn't edit HTML for Webhelp output. This was solved in the newer Toolbox version as I was presented with an error message telling me to install an HTML editor (it just crashed in the earlier version).

I have proved there is something going on in the newer releases, as I successfully created PDFs using the older version with the same H&M file, is there a copy of the older mid-2017 firmware available that I can reinstall to complete the PDF output for the job I am doing as I am on a tight deadline? Also it appears number lists present ok.

regards,

Glenn
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Bullet points missing in v7.3.6 Update in PDF Output

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Glenn,

What fonts are you using in the lists that are affected? Also, what are your font embedding settings in Configuration > Publishing Options > PDF > Font Embedding?

If you are using the current beta try the following font embedding options in this order: 1) Embed TrueType fonts 2) Embed CID fonts 3) Embed Type3 fonts. The Type3 fonts setting should work for everything but will give you slightly less sharp text at larger zoom settings in the PDF reader. If you continue to have problems please mail me a small demo project and the .mnl template you are using at support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and I'll check it for you. This definitely isn't a general issue with simple bullets, so it should be easy to fix. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Glenn

Re: Bullet points missing in v7.3.6 Update in PDF Output

Unread post by Glenn »

Hi, the font is Ariel 11 point.

I have uploaded the image showing the settings for the default "Embed TrueType fonts." I tried using "Embed CID Fonts" in the new Beta and that didn't work. I tried "Embed Type3 fonts" but no fonts displayed at all, only images and background colours in tables. I will email you my template and a small sample project as suggested.

regards,

Glenn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.