Advanced search

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Tansy

Advanced search

Unread post by Tansy »

Is there a way to find repetitions of a text fragment? For example, I need to find all occurrences when any three words are repeated in the text. I need this to eliminate possible copy&paste errors when I copied one and the same fragment several times.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Advanced search

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Tansy,

If you use the Find All option in Find & Replace you will get a list of all the hits in your project, along with the number of hits in each topic. You can then go to the corresponding topics to check by clicking on the links in the list. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tansy

Unread post by Tansy »

Hi Tim,

I mean situations when I do not know the specific text which to look for, but just a pattern when any text gets repeated. Is there a way to set such a pattern? Thanks in advance!
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Tansy wrote:I mean situations when I do not know the specific text which to look for, but just a pattern when any text gets repeated. Is there a way to set such a pattern? Thanks in advance!
That would be a completely different kind of search engine and is definitely not possible with Help+Manual. You might try at Hogwarts... 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.