Search Results in Manuals

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Sean Godley

Search Results in Manuals

Unread post by Sean Godley »

Hi guys,

After creating manuals with Help and Manual, my company and I have found that the search feature is suboptimal. For example, if we search for the phrase "Fit box by Text Content" - which is a little feature in one of our applications - then the search returns a huge range of results - pages that contain all of these search terms. What we would like is for the search to return cases of these terms adjacent to each other - but for the moment at least the only settings appear to be to return "all of these terms" or "any of these terms" - is there a way to change this in the manual settings?

Cheers,

Sean
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Search Results in Manuals

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Sean,

This is possible if you select the PHP or ASP search platform instead of the standard JavaScript platform. Then you can also activate support for phrasal searching. You need to have support for PHP or ASP on your web server for this. PHP is always the best choice for this and is generally available, even on Windows-based web servers. ASP is only available on Windows web servers.

See here in the help for details:

https://helpandmanual.com/help/index.ht ... search.htm
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.