Publish PDF. New Odd Page

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Svetlana Akulova

Publish PDF. New Odd Page

Unread post by Svetlana Akulova »

Hello!
There is a problem with publishing PDF documents. For some reason, Help&Manual doesn't take into account the "Top Level Heading" print setting from "New Odd Page" in the template.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Publish PDF. New Odd Page

Unread post by Tim Green »

You probably forgot to turn off the "Ignore blank pages" setting in Configuration > Publishing Options > PDF > PDF Layout. If that is on no blank pages are inserted so it is not possible to force starting on an odd page if a blank page is necessary. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Svetlana Akulova

Thank you for answer, Tim. But it doesn't work... :?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Svetlana Akulova wrote:Thank you for answer, Tim. But it doesn't work...
Maybe we are talking at cross-purposes. To be sure we are talking about the same thing, please describe "doesn't work" in a little more detail.

Note that if you are also using a "Top Level Intro" page that is a separate section with its own even/odd setting.
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Svetlana Akulova

Tim Green wrote:Note that if you are also using a "Top Level Intro" page that is a separate section with its own even/odd setting.
I'm not sure that I understand what you mean by "Top Level Intro"...
By "doesn't work" I meant the following.
When publishing in PDF format, I need the pages that start with "Heading1" to be on odd-numbered pages. But I can't do it. After the publish the file such sections with the title "Heading1" fall on even and odd pages too.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Svetlana Akulova wrote:
Tim Green wrote:When publishing in PDF format, I need the pages that start with "Heading1" to be on odd-numbered pages. But I can't do it. After the publish the file such sections with the title "Heading1" fall on even and odd pages too.
If you have the ignore blank pages setting in your project turned off and new odd page for level 1 turned on there must be some other problem in your PDF template. Please mail your .mnl template file to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and we'll check it for you. :)
Regards,

Private support:
Svetlana Akulova

Ok. I sent my file to you.