eWriter task -- skin and command line

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

John Johann

eWriter task -- skin and command line

Unread post by John Johann »

I have a task set up in a project to publish the content as an eWriter file.

When I open the project and execute the task via Publish > Task manager, the skin I set in the task is applied.

When I execute the same task via command line, a different (default?) skin is applied.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\EC Software\HelpAndManual7\HELPMAN.EXE" "Path\Project.hmxp" /TSK="EwriterTask"

What am I missing?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: eWriter task -- skin and command line

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi John,

It sounds as though the skin is not being located. The most likely cause is that you didn't save the project after creating the publishing task. Then the task is not available, or an older version with a different skin reference is being used.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
John Johann

Fraid not, I saved and closed the project -- hadn't even launched H&M -- (even restarted the computer), but still the same issue.

The task is there -- re-executed it today both per batch and per Task Manager -- the former outputs the wrong skin, the latter the correct one.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

John Johann wrote:Fraid not, I saved and closed the project -- hadn't even launched H&M -- (even restarted the computer), but still the same issue.

The task is there -- re-executed it today both per batch and per Task Manager -- the former outputs the wrong skin, the latter the correct one.
This is strange. Please mail me the project at support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and I'll check it for you. If you're using the uncompressed format you can create .hmxz version with Save As in the File menu. After that you can delete any chapters and topics that are not relevant for the test to make it even smaller for sending. Since the topics are not relevant for this issue you can cut it down to a minimum of topics, but please do one more test with the test version before mailing to make sure it's still reproducible. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
John Johann

Works as expected in interim build.
Thanks Tim