ToC Problem

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Rob Davis

ToC Problem

Unread post by Rob Davis »

HI
I just updated a template to give me a 5-level ToC
Seems fine - but all of a sudden I get one rogue ToC entry that seems to superimpose on another.

I've looked briefly to see that Topic Names are OK - it seems that they are - there are 3 ToC entries in different places called 'Network' (dont ask!). The Topic_IDs are different, don't contain blanks or weird characters.
In the illustration, you'll see that the entry for page 43 is correctly in place, but it seems to repeat and be superimposed just below the entry for Page 52.
Any ideas, please??

Rob
ToC problem.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John Johann

Re: ToC Problem

Unread post by John Johann »

Looks like it also behind "3. Hardware Description" -- are you sure the template is ok?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: ToC Problem

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Rob,

The most common cause for vagabond elements like this in PDF are orphaned objects somewhere on the template page. You can select them and bring them into view even if they are hidden with the Select Object submenu in the Edit menu. Select the TOC section of the template, then go through the Select Object list and see if you can turn up a spurious text element somewhere on the page.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.