JS Popups Format

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

alanmcd

JS Popups Format

Unread post by alanmcd »

I've got my JS popups working within my CHM file but they don't appear to obey the rounded corner or shadow options. Are they supposed to? OR is this only visible in the webhelp environment?
Alan
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: JS Popups Format

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Alan,

Are you using a Premium Pack skin? If you are, they have their own separate implementation of JS popups that doesn't use the project configuration settings. They have other benefits: They are always in the correct position (can't be off the screen if they're too large) and are also draggable and resizable. If you're using the V3 skins you can also configure them to be "field-level", i.e. you can display them in your own web pages as well as in the webhelp itself.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
alanmcd

Unread post by alanmcd »

OK - I just upgraded to 7 and PP 3
Publishing CHM format and using the CHM_FreshLime skin with all the Skin Include options ticked.

The JS Popups are now all rounded corner with drop shadows and white background as default. But they do not obey the tick box settings in Config>Publishing Options>Microsoft HTML Webhelp>HTML Export Options
The settings in Customise Appearance of Display on Click V on Mouse Over works.
The rounded corner and shadow don't make any difference and the background colour setting is ignored as well.

Also when I try to use the Toolbox to Edit JS Popup Settings and try to tick any box adjacent to the options listed, the Toolbox just crashes out. It accepts the tick but when you move off the option, toolbox just crashes

Where am I supposed to change the background colour of the JS popups?

Alan
alanmcd

Unread post by alanmcd »

sorry the background does obey the setting but the drop shadow and rounded corners are always on - how to edit in the skin?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Alan,

As I noted above, the popups in the Premium Pack skins don't use the JS popup settings in your project. They are a completely independent configuration. However, in the V2 CHM version they do use the JS popups configuration settings from the project. At the moment there appears to be an error in the export of the settings in the CHM HTML Export Options setting: The drop shadow is always being exported and the rounded corners setting is never being exported. This must have been like this for quite a while but nobody has noticed it until now. I'll get our developers onto it. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.