Change orientation PDF without changing the template

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Svetlana Akulova

Change orientation PDF without changing the template

Unread post by Svetlana Akulova »

Hello! Help to understand, please.
As far as I know, we can adjust the landscape orientation of the PDF page in the PDF template. But is there a way to change the orientation without changing the PDF template ?
We have documents that should have portrait orientation, there are also documents that have landscape orientation in addition to portrait orientation.
Maybe there are some tags or something else that allows you to change the orientation of pages when publishing to PDF?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Change orientation PDF without changing the template

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Svetlana,

At the moment Help+Manual only supports one orientation for the entire PDF document. However, changing the orientation for individual topics and pages is planned for the next major version of Help+Manual.

At the moment the only way to include a page with a different orientation is to include it as a graphic. :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
itexnz

Re: Change orientation PDF without changing the template

Unread post by itexnz »

A big WOOT WOOT from me! :)
Tim Green wrote:Hi Svetlana,

At the moment Help+Manual only supports one orientation for the entire PDF document. However, changing the orientation for individual topics and pages is planned for the next major version of Help+Manual.

At the moment the only way to include a page with a different orientation is to include it as a graphic. :?
David Scott
Documentation Infrastructure Consultant
https://www.sourceone.co.nz
SourceOne. Documentation, engineered.