PFD export issues

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

uRko

PFD export issues

Unread post by uRko »

I have used Standard_manual.mnl and update a few things and removed Empty Pages and Top Level Intro page. This way only Cover, Table of Content and Topics page left.

When I create PDF export, there are 2 things I am not satisfied with:

- Empty page after the cover page
- Mixed titles of chapters (Chapter has the title of the previous).

How can I fix these issues?

BR, Uroš
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: PFD export issues

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Uroš,
- Empty page after the cover page
This is probably caused by setting the section after the cover page to open on an odd page. You can disable this behavior in two different ways:
  • In your project, go to Configuration > Publishing Options > PDF > PDF Layout and activate the option "Ignore blank pages in PDF". This will prevent the generation of blank pages to force topics to start on odd pages.
  • Alternatively, you can just disable the option to start sections on odd pages. Note that for topics there are separate settings for each topic level for this, in the table block at the bottom of the Page Options dialog for the Topics section.
- Mixed titles of chapters (Chapter has the title of the previous).
This will be caused by using the wrong variables for the topic titles in the Topics section of the template. You have to be careful that the number of the <%HEADINGx%> variable matches the number of the band in which you insert it. For example, you need to enter <%HEADING2%> in Band 2, <%HEADING3%> in Band 3, and so on.

If you continue to have problems please mail a small demo project and your .mnl file to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and I'll check it for you.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
uRko

Unread post by uRko »

Empty page issue was solved as suggested.

For mixed titles, I have sent you an email with project and template.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Update: The problem with the titles was caused by having an empty Level 1 band in the Topics section and the HEADING1 variable in the page header. Solved by changing the height of the Level 1 band to 0. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.