Unchecking 'Automatically collapse unfocused entries'

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

bilaai_b

Unchecking 'Automatically collapse unfocused entries'

Unread post by bilaai_b »

When publishing as Webhelp html, you can only open one book (on the root of the TOC) at a time. Expanding multiple books on the root of the TOC is possible. However, opening a page from another book on the root of the TOC will automatically close (collapse) other expanded book(s). Unchecking checkbox 'Automatically collapse unfocused entries' in 'Publishing Options/Webhelp/Navigation' wll have no effect on this behaviour. It seems that this issue occurs only when Responsive skin template file is used. Is there a way to solve this issue when using Responsive template?

I'm using H&M Professional Edition version 7.4.0 build 4603 using W10 and Firefox (65.0.1), Chrome (72.0.3626.119) and Edge (44.17763.1.0). Thanks.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Unchecking 'Automatically collapse unfocused entries'

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Bilaai,

If you're using one of the new V3 responsive skins from the Premium Pack you can't change this behavior. These skins reduce memory use by creating TOC branches on the fly and deleting them as soon as they are closed again. This makes it possible to manage very large TOCs even on mobile devices with less memory and processing power.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
bilaai_b

Unread post by bilaai_b »

Hi Tim,

I'm using one of the responsive template delivered by the latest Premium Pack.

This means that the only way to achieve this now is by using a non-responsive template. For the time being perhaps. Any plans in the future to change this behaviour for the responsive templates? :D
Thanks and regards.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

bilaai_b wrote:Any plans in the future to change this behaviour for the responsive templates? :D
Possibly, but I can't promise when. :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.