Script error: Unable to get property 'remove' of undefined..

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

xtina_kumar

Script error: Unable to get property 'remove' of undefined..

Unread post by xtina_kumar »

I embedded a YouTube video into the help file using the Media tool. When I open the chm file and play the video, I am getting a script error, which I have attached to this post. Do you know how I can fix this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Script error: Unable to get property 'remove' of undefin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Christina,

This error is associated with using an out-of-date skin that does not have the necessary settings for current video embedding requirements. First make sure you are running the current version of Help+Manual (7.4.2 Build 4650). Then get a fresh copy of the skin from \Templates\HTML Skins\ in the Help+Manual program directory and you should find that it works correctly.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
xtina_kumar

I am using Version 7.3.5 Build 4434. And my skins are coming from \Templates\HTML Skins\ in the Help+Manual program directory. What do I do now?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

xtina_kumar wrote:I am using Version 7.3.5 Build 4434. And my skins are coming from \Templates\HTML Skins\ in the Help+Manual program directory. What do I do now?
Download the updater here and run it:

https://www.helpandmanual.com/downloads.html?upd

Just install on top of your current copy to update. This won't change any settings etc. Make sure that you select the option to install all sample files etc. Then get a fresh copy of the skin from the templates folder and re-publish with that.

If you continue to have problems after that send a small demo project showing the problem to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and we will check it for you.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
xtina_kumar

It worked. Thanks for your help!