Multi-select search results

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

John Johann

Multi-select search results

Unread post by John Johann »

I have a large project with multiple topics which include a particular phrase. When I use the search tool in H&M, it lists a large number of files. I'd like to be able to select a subset of the results manually and publish them.

Is there an easy way to do this aside from scrolling up and down in the TOC and the search results?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Multi-select search results

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi John,

You can't do this with search results, sorry about that. Also note that the selected-topics-only publishing feature isn't designed for production output but only for quick checks. For example, in WebHelp it won't include a search index, and build options are disabled. You need to use build option tags to create production output, so the search list idea wouldn't really help there, even if it was implemented, because it would be the same as selected-topics-only. :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
John Johann

Unread post by John Johann »

Hi Tim,
The objective is to output specific topics for a quick check as docx (or PDF) for review purposes. There are over 2000 topics in the project, not all of which are in the TOC so scrolling is somewhat tedious. Some kind of TOC-on-the-fly would be cool.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

John Johann wrote:The objective is to output specific topics for a quick check as docx (or PDF) for review purposes. There are over 2000 topics in the project, not all of which are in the TOC so scrolling is somewhat tedious. Some kind of TOC-on-the-fly would be cool.
Interesting idea. I'm passing this on to the dev team. Thanks for the suggestion. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.