Remove Display Dimensions from Screenshots

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Bob MacLeod

Remove Display Dimensions from Screenshots

Unread post by Bob MacLeod »

I am having trouble getting my screenshots to look good. I am using Windows 10 on a Microsoft Surface. The screen shots come in extremely large when I insert them in H&M.
--If I reduce them to 33% automatically at the time I grab the screen shot (using SnagIt), the resolution is very poor when I put it in H&M.
--If I retain the 100% of the original and reduce it to 50% or 33% in H&M, then the screen shot has a large label at the top indicating the original and current resolution.

The problem I face in H&M is that this label obscures the text of what I am trying to see, which is often at the top of the screen shot.

Is it possible to not display the resolution change?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Remove Display Dimensions from Screenshots

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Bob,

What are your Windows display resolution settings on your Surface and your zoom setting in Help+Manual? I also have a Surface for mobile and a 4K monitor on my desktop machine and the overlay with the display dimensions is always just a fine little strip at the top. On the 28" 4K monitor I have the Windows display resolution set to 150% and the Help+Manual zoom set to 175%, which works fine.

The problem of making screenshots on HiRes monitors isn't really solved on Windows yet. I always use two monitors anyway, and on my desktop machine I solve it by keeping my old 1920 x 1200 standard display monitor as my second monitor. That is set to 100% now that Windows 10 more or less supports different magnifications for different monitors and I make all my LoRes screenshots there.

We've discussed making it removable before but our developers have decided against it because they feel it is essential information that shouldn't be made invisible. :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Bob MacLeod

Unread post by Bob MacLeod »

Thank you for the reply. A business trip took me out of the country and out of pocket for a couple of weeks.

The display resolution is "2736 x 1824 (Recommended)"
The default enlargement is 225%.

The zoom settings in H&M is 100%, because at 175% the text is too small to read comfortably. I have not used an external monitor in a couple of years as I've had to be a lot more mobile in my daily work.

Thankfully this is a small issue.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Bob MacLeod wrote:The zoom settings in H&M is 100%, because at 175% the text is too small to read comfortably.
I'm guessing that the "100%" is a typo there -- if it's difficult to read at 175% it would be pretty impossible at 100%... 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.