Automatically inserting bookmark for comments

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Debra Graham

Automatically inserting bookmark for comments

Unread post by Debra Graham »

This doesn't seem to be working anymore. Previously, when I created a comment, a bookmark with a pin was added to the Table of Comments. But now, when I add a comment, no pin is added to the TOC. According to H&M Help:
You can configure Help+Manual to automatically create a topic bookmark for every comment you insert. Open Program Options in the File menu and activate the option Automatically manage topic bookmarks for every comment. Then a bookmark with a pin in the Table of Contents will be added for every comment you create. These bookmarks can be viewed and accessed with the Bookmarks tool in the Project tab.
However, when I go to Program Options, I don't see that option. Did it move to somewhere else? Using Version 7.4.2. Build 4650. Thanks in advance for any help.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Automatically inserting bookmark for comments

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Debra,

The current version is 7.5.1, please get the free update installer here:

https://www.helpandmanual.com/downloads.html?upd

You will find the option in the Editor tab of Program Options. That should actually be mentioned in the help, we need to update it... :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Debra Graham

Re: Automatically inserting bookmark for comments

Unread post by Debra Graham »

Thanks. Downloaded the newest version and found the relocated option. All is good now.