Application Error ECHMSYN.DLL

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

lgschwind

Application Error ECHMSYN.DLL

Unread post by lgschwind »

I am getting the error below when I close H&M. Other than that it seems to be working OK, but I'm concerned this is going to eventually cause some problem. And I've actually had weird things happen with TortoiseSVN so I'm wondering if this affected it? I have Subversion disabled because I do not want to use it integrated with H&M. I use TortoisSVN separately with File Explorer and Subversion.

What should I do to correct this error?

I'm on H&M Version 7.5.0 Build 4692

Thank you! -LG

Application Error:
Exception EOSError in module ECHMSYN.DLL at 0000F5A9.
System Error. Code: 1404
Invalid hook handle.
Darren Rose

Re: Application Error ECHMSYN.DLL

Unread post by Darren Rose »

The first thing I would suggest is installing the latest version of H&M which is v7.5.1 Build 4713 - see if that helps

https://helpandmanual.com/downloads.html
lgschwind

Still happening even after upgrade.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi LG,

Which Windows version are you using? Also, are you running a virtual machine or Terminal Server? This DLL is only the syntax highlighter and it doesn't impact your normal operation at all. The error message on closing is really only an annoyance, that is probably related to something in your system configuration.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
lgschwind

I am running Windows 10 workstation. If it is not something that will cause a problem, I can handle the annoyance. I was just concerned that it was something that could have an adverse effect on my projects and/or files. Thank you! -LG
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

lgschwind wrote:I am running Windows 10 workstation. If it is not something that will cause a problem, I can handle the annoyance. I was just concerned that it was something that could have an adverse effect on my projects and/or files. Thank you!
So far we have only seen this error very rarely in virtualized environments where the application itself has been sequenced for virtualization. What appears to be happening there is that when the application shuts down the virtualization environment closes too quickly, leaving the DLL orphaned in limbo.

Since this is only a shutdown issue it cannot cause any problems, just an annoying error message. For whatever reason it is happening in your case, the situation should be similar. We'll look into it.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.