Web Help and date/time of files when skin is used

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Robert van der Hulst

Web Help and date/time of files when skin is used

Unread post by Robert van der Hulst »

Hi,
I noticed that even when I select the option in H&M to set the date/time of the generated html files to the date/time of the topic files, when I use a hmskin to skin the output then all files are written with the current date/time.
Without skin this option works.
I would really like to see which html files are changed, so I will not have to upload all files to the webserver every time.
Is this a known issue ?
Is there a work around ?

And another question: is there an option to "compress" the generated html, so unnecessary white space will be removed?

Robert
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Web Help and date/time of files when skin is used

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Robert,

My guess is you are using a V3 Premium Pack skin. I just checked and this option is set in the skin. To change it, open the .hmskin file in Toolbox and select the HTML Options button. Scroll down and disable the Activated checkbox for both "Sync Topic Timestamps" and "Set Topic Archive Bit". Press ENTER after changing each setting, or move to a different row to apply (the background will turn red). Then save the skin.

After that the setting will once again be controlled by your project and not by the skin. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Robert van der Hulst

Re: Web Help and date/time of files when skin is used

Unread post by Robert van der Hulst »

Tim,
Thanks, that was indeed the solution.

Robert