Custom Colors

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Kim Human

Custom Colors

Unread post by Kim Human »

Hello,
I am still learning how to use Help & Manual and rely heavily on your online user guide, but I have not found an answer to this issue. I created 12 different custom colors and used those colors to update the Styles I'm using in my project. After saving my work, and returning to my project a few days later, all of my custom colors were gone (see attached png). The Styles are still reflecting the colors I assigned, however every time I want to use those colors again, I have to recreate them.

I'm using Help & Manual V 7.3.6 Build 4521. I access Help & Manual via Citrix where it is installed on a virtual Storefront server. My project files are saved on our network. I'm using the Webhelp, iFrame Responsive, Blue.hmskin.

Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Kim Human
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Custom Colors

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Kim,

This has nothing to do with Help+Manual, unfortunately. That dialog is the standard Windows color picker component, and it only has a short-term memory. It only "remembers" custom colors you set during the current session. If you return to it later you get a clean slate. :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Simon_Dismore

Unread post by Simon_Dismore »

Tim Green wrote:This has nothing to do with Help+Manual, unfortunately. That dialog is the standard Windows color picker component, and it only has a short-term memory. It only "remembers" custom colors you set during the current session. If you return to it later you get a clean slate. :?
Actually, that 'short term memory' is an array allocated by H+M, initially full of zeroes, hence black. If the user has defined colors for styles, H+M could pre-populate the array with them before displaying the dialog box for the first time in a session (per Win32 API docs).
Kim Human

Unread post by Kim Human »

Thanks for the quick response. I'm checking with our IT department on link you mentioned.
Simon_Dismore

Unread post by Simon_Dismore »

Kim Human wrote:Thanks for the quick response. I'm checking with our IT department on link you mentioned.
Sorry, that's not something you can do from your side. I should have said: this is a feature the H+M developers could add, if they wish.