What is Help+Manual 7 Server?

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Andrey Bushman

What is Help+Manual 7 Server?

Unread post by Andrey Bushman »

Help+Manual 7 Server License

Help+Manual server licenses are "floating" licenses. You install the software on a local network share and the number of licenses determines how many users can use Help+Manual concurrently at the same time. There are no restrictions on which users can use the program, however. Every user on the local network can run it without local installation (user settings are saved locally).
Hmm... Without local installation... Does it mean Help+Manual 7 Server is the web-application? Or should users connect to the server through RDP (i.e. Help+Manual 7 Server is the same desktop application)?
user settings are saved locally
What settings do you mean?

Thank you.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: What is Help+Manual 7 Server?

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Andrey,
Hmm... Without local installation... Does it mean Help+Manual 7 Server is the web-application? Or should users connect to the server through RDP (i.e. Help+Manual 7 Server is the same desktop application)?
There is no web application. The server installation simply makes it possible for users on the same LAN to run the program on their own computers without it being installed there, using server licenses that are installed with the program on the server. They start the program via the network and it runs locally on their own computer as a normal Windows application. The number of users who can do this at the same time depends on the number of server licenses purchased and installed (2 licenses for 2 concurrent users; 5 licenses for 5 concurrent users, and so on).
What settings do you mean?
The program's own normal configuration settings. When it runs on the user's local machine it creates local Windows Registry entries for that user's settings, that are then available the next time they run it.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.