Display page number and/or section of a link in a PDF

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Wesley Manning

Display page number and/or section of a link in a PDF

Unread post by Wesley Manning »

Help and Manual supports links in PDFs. For example "See some-link-text for more information." where some-link-text would be a link.

1. Is it possible to also have Help and Manual generate the page number of the link. Like this: "See some-link-text on page 23 for more information.
2. Is it possible for Help and Manual to generate the section? For example "See some-link-text in section 1.2.3 on page 23 for more information.

Above would help users who print out the manual. I looked through the application and the documentation but couldn't find anything.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Display page number and/or section of a link in a PDF

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Wesley

You can't generate a reference to the section but the page number is simple. You just need to activate the page referrers function in Configuration > Publishing > PDF > PDF Layout. The page numbers are inserted in a small icon that must always have exactly the same size (otherwise longer numbers might change the pagination). You can choose from a number of different icons. Hit the Help button in the PDF Layout section for more information.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Wesley Manning

Re: Display page number and/or section of a link in a PDF

Unread post by Wesley Manning »

Thanks. I missed that. I tried out a few and they work as expected.