What is my report trying to tell me with image "none"

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Dave Gehman

What is my report trying to tell me with image "none"

Unread post by Dave Gehman »

Full report on a good size help file.

At the bottom, in red, for the first time I notice the following line:
none, Referenced in: [Set-Up-Account] [Unit-2-Editor-UI-and-Designs] [Make-a-TableTop-Design] [More-About-Rules] [Unit-3-Exercise] [What-is-a-Model_] [Edit-Table-Width-Rule] [Unit5Parameters-Deletes]
The tagged topics seem not to contain a link to a missing graphic. And 3 of the 8 tagged topics indeed contain no graphics, which is fine, but 5 are replete with images...
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: What is my report trying to tell me with image "none"

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Dave,

That's odd. I've asked Alexander to have a look at this as well. In the meantime, try selecting the XML tab in one of the referenced topics and do a search for "<image" to find the image tags and see if you can see any with funky-looking references. They would most likely have a couple of weird characters in the reference instead of a proper filename or something like that.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Dave Gehman

Nothing seems funky, but each of the topics that are tagged have Toggles sourced form what I think is the standard oversize "+" sign supplied by H+M, hmtoggle_plus0-15-2.png.

Each of the toggle segments contain
"<caption><![CDATA[ ]]></caption>" with sometimes a word or two within the CDATA brackets. The word or two is drawn from the words displayed on the Toggle bar.

However, there are Toggles in other topics as well, topics not in the "none" category in the report.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Dave,

I've discussed this with the developers and the cause is probably a toggle icon that is being excluded in print output. It's effectively a cosmetic loophole in the report filter and nothing to worry about. We'll be fixing it in an upcoming update. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Dave Gehman

Mystery solved. Thanks.