Conditional output of the Keywords

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Anna Ryut

Conditional output of the Keywords

Unread post by Anna Ryut »

Hi there!

Is there any ability to add conditions to the keywords? Since we have several variants of one project and we publish it according to different builds and conditions, some pages must not get to special HTML-publishes. But for the keywords (which create links to pages), some extra pages which are supposed to be hidden may get to the HTML and be found by search or index tools.

I've read about A-keywords and tried to use them but in practice, when I replaced K-keywords with A-keywords, all keywords were simply removed from the list and when I published the project there were no keywords as well. Maybe I didn't get how to use A-keywords or did smth wrong, but now I doubt that it will help me.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Conditional output of the Keywords

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Anna,

A-Keywords are exclusive to CHM files and have very special uses that aren't what you need here. You can't put conditions on keywords that are attached to the entire page, but there is a trick you can use: Instead, you create anchors, which support the use of keywords, and then enclose the anchors in the appropriate conditional text tags with your conditions. Then the entire anchor will be excluded by the condition along with all its keywords. This has the additional benefit that a click on an anchor keyword will also scroll the topic to the anchor, because it is really attached to the anchor and not just to the entire topic like a normal keyword.

See the section on using anchors in keywords in this help topic:

https://www.helpandmanual.com/help/hm_w ... chors.html
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Anna Ryut

Re: Conditional output of the Keywords

Unread post by Anna Ryut »

Thanks! We will try.