Issue with edited Word template

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Santosh Patil

Issue with edited Word template

Unread post by Santosh Patil »

I edited the included "Word-Template-Simple-A4.docx" to change a few things. I did not make any changes to the header content but now the <%TITLE%> placeholder is not being replaced with the actual title. It works fine if I use the original template. I have attached the modified template to this post. Please note that I used Microsoft Word for Office 365 for editing the template.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Issue with edited Word template

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Santosh,

You can't attach Word files here on the forum because they could contain malware (and frequently do...). Please mail your Word template to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) with a brief description of the problem and we'll check it for you.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Santosh Patil

Unread post by Santosh Patil »

Sorry, I never got back on this. For some unknown reason I did not receive an email notification about your reply. I will send the email with the attached DOCX.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for the file. Then problem was simply that you typed in the variable directly instead of using a Word field for it. Variables can only be polled when they are in fields, not in body text. See this topic in the help:

https://www.helpandmanual.com/help/hm_w ... ields.html
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.