H&M 7 Source Control Azure DevOps

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

rlucassen

H&M 7 Source Control Azure DevOps

Unread post by rlucassen »

Hi,

i see H&M has a TFS intergration for version control i can't seem to get it working.
Possbibly because we're using Azure Devops and not actual TFS which is depricated.

Is it at all possible to get this working?

Greetz
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: H&M 7 Source Control Azure DevOps

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Rluc,
i see H&M has a TFS intergration for version control i can't seem to get it working.
Possbibly because we're using Azure Devops and not actual TFS which is depricated.
Well, yes, using a different program than TFS would tend not to work... 8) Currently only the local versions of TFS 2012, 2013 and 2015 (there is no 2014) are supported -- along with SubVersion, which is always the preferable choice if you can possibly avoid using TFS.

However, you can also use version control "passively" with any version control system, since all the source files are plain-text XML and Help & Manual also supports multi-user editing without the support of a VCS. To do this, you create your project in uncompressed XML format (HMXP) and load the entire project folder into your version control system's repository.

Each user then checks out a local working copy from the central repository and performs their own updates and commits before and after working with the tools of your individual version control system.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.