Help+Manual handover

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Ga Bowen

Help+Manual handover

Unread post by Ga Bowen »

I am leaving a company and they want to keep using Help+Manual.

I've only ever used it as a sole author.

Is H+M tied to one machine or can it be installed on multiple machines as long as only one person is using it?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Help+Manual handover

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Ga,

You are licensed to use it on both your desktop and your laptop provided both are used only by you. You can also easily move to another machine: Just uninstall on the old machine and reinstall on the new machine with the latest installer. If the licensee has changed just write to sales AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) with the details of the old and new licensee and we will update our customer database.

All the best for your new position, and thanks for all your valuable feedback on the forum! :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Ga Bowen

Re: Help+Manual handover

Unread post by Ga Bowen »

Tim Green wrote:Hi Ga,

You are licensed to use it on both your desktop and your laptop provided both are used only by you. You can also easily move to another machine: Just uninstall on the old machine and reinstall on the new machine with the latest installer. If the licensee has changed just write to sales AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) with the details of the old and new licensee and we will update our customer database.

All the best for your new position, and thanks for all your valuable feedback on the forum! :)
Thanks, Tim. I shall do that.

You're not rid of me yet though as the first thing I'm going to do in my new position is install H&M to convert all the current Word documents into lovely Webhelp.

I'm sure I'll be on here asking what I did wrong in no time at all. :)