Bullet Points Adopt Underline Style

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Jacob Wall

Bullet Points Adopt Underline Style

Unread post by Jacob Wall »

I use manual style for links (blue, bold, underline.) When all the items in a list are that style, the bullet points inherit the colour, which is fine:
Bullet Points.PNG
However, when I publish the help to HTML (Web Help), it also inherits the underline, which looks awkward:
Bullet Points Published.PNG
I've started working around this by adding spaces after the hyperlink with the usual list format. However, this becomes a little cumbersome, since I have to do them one at a time. Is there an easier way to work with this?

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Bullet Points Adopt Underline Style

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Jacob,

This is actually a feature, not a bug. :) The formatting of the bullets and numbers in lists (color, bold, etc.) is controlled by the formatting of the LAST character in the FIRST item in the list. For example, this allows you to make a list with bold numbers by adding a single space to the end of the first list item and formatting it bold.

So what is happening in your case is the last character in your list's first item is underlined, and so all the bullets are as well. To fix this, add a single space to the end of the first item in the list and manually remove the underlining for that space. That will fix it for the entire list.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.