Font of Content in CHM-Viewer

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

BSchneider

Font of Content in CHM-Viewer

Unread post by BSchneider »

Hello,

I noticed that the CHM of Help&Manual 7 shows another font in the content area of the CHM-Viewer than the default font MS Sans Serif. How is this realized? How can I change the font of the content in the CHM-Viewer?
CHM2.png
CHM1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Font of Content in CHM-Viewer

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi "B" (do you have a name? 8) ),
I noticed that the CHM of Help&Manual 7 shows another font in the content area of the CHM-Viewer than the default font MS Sans Serif. How is this realized? How can I change the font of the content in the CHM-Viewer?
This is set in Configuration > Common Properties > Language Settings, with the "Default Font" setting. That is the font used for the TOC and dialogs in the CHM viewer. You need to be a little careful with the font you choose and its size, as the ancient CHM viewer (not updated since Windows 98) is limited in its capabilities.

Generally speaking, we would recommend moving on from CHM as soon as possible. It is now an obsolete help format that has been abandoned by Microsoft and it does not support Unicode or high-resolution displays. Use either WebHelp stored on your own website, where you can update your documentation without redistributing, or eWriter for documentation you must install locally with your software.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
BSchneider

Unread post by BSchneider »

Hi Tim,

Thanks, I found the Default Font setting and it works.

eWriter is quite nice, but how can I address a certain Help topic from my Delphi program as I do now with
Application.HelpContext(HelpContext);

Regards
Burkhard
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Burkhard,

Here is the documentation topic you were looking for:

https://www.helpandmanual.com/help/hm_a ... riter.html

If you are using the new eViewer viewer app your books need to have the extension .ewriter and you call with:

Code: Select all

<path>eViewer.exe "<path>\mybook.ewriter" "index.html?topic_name.htm"
You can download the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the viewer installer here:

https://www.helpandmanual.com/ewriter/
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.