Doc-to-Help

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Ty Griffin

Doc-to-Help

Unread post by Ty Griffin »

I am a current and long-time user of one of H+M's competitors, Doc-to-Help, and am contemplating a switch to H+M. I would like to hear from any ex-Doc-to-Help user about (a) why they switched to H+M, and (b) the kinds of problems or issues they had when converting/switching. Thanks very much to anybody who has anything to say on the subject.
Ga Bowen

Re: Doc-to-Help

Unread post by Ga Bowen »

I was in a similar position a few years ago. I started this thread:

https://helpman.it-authoring.com/viewto ... 34&t=14653

Alexander's reply is very honest and accurate.

I'm pretty sure I made the right choice anyway. H&M has more features than DtH (just look at the output methods) but is still a delight to use. Easy to pick up but absolutely loads to master. EC don't sit on their laurels either, always looking to innovate and make the product better.

I'll also say that the customer service and help I've received over the years is second to none, and I can't praise Tim and Alexander enough. :D
Ty Griffin

Re: Doc-to-Help

Unread post by Ty Griffin »

Thanks for the reply, GA Bowen. I followed the link you recommended and read some text about comparisons between H+M and HelpNDoc, but didn't see any mention of D2H. I'm leaning toward H+H for a variety of reasons, but was hoping to hear from some people who had been through the conversion/comparison experience already.

In any case, thanks again.