Snippet from Repository missing

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Ga Bowen

Snippet from Repository missing

Unread post by Ga Bowen »

I'm trying to insert a snippet from the repository, but I get the following error:

[Missing Snippet "HM-repository-002::Ov-Introduction"]

As you can see it actually displays correctly in the preview box. :?

Bizarrely,if I highlight current document in the Insert Snippet, From Topic section, in the preview box I can see the snippet inserted correctly!

Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Snippet from Repository missing

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Ga,

Please check the name of the linked repository in the repository manager. I ask this because of the "002" in your repository name. You can sometimes get this effect when you "re-link" a repository and Help+Manual then automatically increments the repository name. This is a problem that happens on a deep level and we're going to fix it in the next major version. At the moment you need to do the following to get it cleaned up:
  1. Go to the Repository Manager and unlink the repository from your project without deleting the styles , then save and close the project.
  2. Go to the Repository Manager again and remove the all repositories with names based on the one you are using from the list, including the original.
  3. Close Help+Manual and restart and add the repository in the Repository Manager. Restarting is essential to clear the memory of the old repository so that you don't get a new reference with a number.
  4. Make sure that the name in the list is now the same as it used to be (no number added after the name).
  5. Now start your project and re-link. The name should now match the references in your project.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Ga Bowen

Unread post by Ga Bowen »

That's not it. I named the repository 002.

Doing what you've told me has sort of solved it though.

The repository snippet I'm using has the same Topic ID as the destination file; if I insert it in any other topic or change the topic ID it works.

Never had this problem before and it means I'll have to rename some files now. Ah well, it's no biggee really.

Cheers, Tim.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Ga Bowen wrote:The repository snippet I'm using has the same Topic ID as the destination file; if I insert it in any other topic or change the topic ID it works.
That's the problem. Snippet and the topic it's inserted in must have different IDs. I know there should be a warning for that, but there isn't yet. I'll put this on the ToDo-Checklist. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.