Search term highlighting

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Ed Hawco

Search term highlighting

Unread post by Ed Hawco »

Hello. I'm using the PP v3 Minimalist_Plain_White_WebHelp skin. I just noticed that search term highlighting doesn't seem to be working. (As in, search for a term, and when it's found on a page it is not highlighted.)

Configuration > Publishing Options > Full Text Search > "Highlight search words in text" is selected in both the skin and the project.

Reproduce it here:
https://userguides.tritondigital.com/me ... index.html
Search for "summary"

Search term is found, but is not highlighted on the page.

Help!
e
d
============================================
Ed Hawco
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Search term highlighting

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Ed,

You're running 3.46 skins that had this error, as a side-effect of another modification. That was corrected soon after and the version is currently at 3.49. If you update your Premium Pack and get the current version of the skin it will fix the issue. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Ed Hawco

OMG, does that mean I have to re-do all my customizations!?
e
d
Ed Hawco
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Ed Hawco wrote:OMG, does that mean I have to re-do all my customizations!?
Not necessarily. Almost all the changes are only in the JS files in the baggage, which would only need to be replaced. If you mail me a download link to your modified skin at support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) I can tell you for sure. 8)

Note that it's no longer possible to send skins as mail attachments as they contain JS files and will be stripped out or "sanitized" by the mail server.

For the not so faint of heart it's possible to do this if you feel comfortable using a diffing tool like the free WinMerge:
  1. Change the extension of the old and new skins files to .zip and unpack their contents into two empty folders.
  2. Compare the folders with WinMerge and if any of the JS files in the new version are different overwrite the ones in the old files with them.
  3. The differences in the main .hmxp file will only be version numbers and your own modifications, you can check those carefully.
  4. When you're finished, repack the updated skin contents into a new zip and change its name to .hmskin
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Ed Hawco

Email has been sent. Thanks!
e
d
Ed Hawco