Web Help - How can I desing the layout of my search result

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Petra Metz

Web Help - How can I desing the layout of my search result

Unread post by Petra Metz »

Hi,
I have created a web help with my own layout.
So far, I wasn't able to figure out how to change the layout of the search result.
I have two screenshots attached. One shows my current layout and the other one an example of how I would like to have it.
I had a look through the customizing files but wasn't able to find the right location where I could change the layout.
Can you help me with this? What do I need to do to modify the search result layout.

Thank you, Petra
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Web Help - How can I desing the layout of my search resu

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Petra,

The example of how you would like to have it is not WebHelp, it is the Windows CHM help file viewer. There is no way you can make your WebHelp search look like that. Actually, you really shouldn't try to change the search layout in WebHelp. It is pretty much preset by the Zoom search indexer that provides the WebHelp search and changing the layout would be a lot of work (really a lot) and would be quite likely to interfere with the search results scripts.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.