Image border

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Peter Muckle

Image border

Unread post by Peter Muckle »

Hi,

I can't work out how to add a border to an image, I'm sure it must be simple.

Thanks

Peter
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Image border

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Peter,

Select the image, then select the Image Editor tool in the Project tab to open the image in the Impict screenshot editor included with Help+Manual. Then select the image there and use the Shape tool on the right to add a border. Save the image in Impict and reload the topic in Help+Manual to see the changes (switch to another topic and back is the quickest way). You can also right-click on the image and select reload in the context submenu.

Impict has its own extensive help with tutorials.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Peter Muckle

Unread post by Peter Muckle »

Hi Tim,

I was hoping the image control had a border option similar to a paragraph or table (or images in HelpXplain).

I've got a lot to do so will batch them in Irfanview.

Cheers

Peter
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Peter Muckle wrote:I was hoping the image control had a border option similar to a paragraph or table (or images in HelpXplain).
That would be possible quite easily, but then it would only work in HTML-based output and not in PDF or Word. That's why we don't provide it directly as an option. You can achieve it yourself quite easily, however. You can add a CSS class name to images in their insertion options (double-click on the image to access) and then you can add border CSS for that class to the skin you're using.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.