Why the colon in PP skin permalink URL from Hambuger menu?

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Ed Hawco

Why the colon in PP skin permalink URL from Hambuger menu?

Unread post by Ed Hawco »

Not a critical issue, but I'm curious. I'm using the v3 Premium Pack responsive skins, which have the hamburger menu option that includes the "Save Permalink URL" item. When I use that, it inserts a colon (:) between the domain and the rest of the path. My understanding is that this is valid HTML URL format if you're specifying a port number, but if not, it's only semi-valid (in that it still works but you're not really supposed to do it).

At first I thought it was a configuration error on my side, but I could find no place to configure it, and then I saw that this occurs on your own help files (see image):

So why include it? I'm only really asking because there are a handful of purists at my company who are not amused and are giving me the evil eye. :-/
e
d
============================================
Ed Hawco
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Why the colon in PP skin permalink URL from Hambuger men

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Ed,

Thanks for noticing this. It will be fixed... :roll:
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Ga Bowen

Unread post by Ga Bowen »

Tim Green wrote:Hi Ed,

Thanks for noticing this. It will be fixed... :roll:
:lol:
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Update: This was actually a side effect of a feature. Some users had requested that the port be included in the permalink if it was different from 80 for local intranets. At some point after it was programmed at least some browsers started returning an empty string if the port WAS 80, so the check for "is it 80?" always came out false because it wasn't checking for that, resulting in a port of ":" + the empty string. :x

This isn't really a major issue so I'm not going to do a full update for it. Anyone who needs it can write to me at support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and I'll send you the single JS file that needs to be replaced to fix it.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.