eWriter menu background colour edit

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Ga Bowen

eWriter menu background colour edit

Unread post by Ga Bowen »

I know there's going to be an obvious answer, but I just can't see it at the moment; how do I changed the menu background areas from blue to another colour?

Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: eWriter menu background colour edit

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Ga,

With these skins the easiest way is to choose one of the other variants in the same group with the color you'd prefer to have. Changing the colors in the skin would involve editing the CSS files directly at the moment -- a color editor will be coming next year in the next version.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Ga Bowen

Ok, fair enough.

Although I just want to change that one blue to another colour. If that's just a case of locating and changing a 6 digit colour #, then I'm happy to jump in...
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Ga Bowen wrote:Although I just want to change that one blue to another colour. If that's just a case of locating and changing a 6 digit colour #, then I'm happy to jump in...
It's a little more complicated than that because of the multiple sets of CSS files for desktop, tablet and phone modes. There are three separate files each for the main page, the TOC, the index and search page. They are all located in the Baggage section of the skin and are named hmwebhelp_main_xxx.css, hmwebhelp_toc_xxx.css, hmwebhelp_index_xxx.css and hmwebhelp_search_xxx.css. The xxx stands for desktop, tablet and phone. You can locate the colors you want to change by viewing your WebHelp in Chrome, right-clicking on a colored element and selecting Inspect in the context menu to open the live view of the page and all its assets.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Ga Bowen

Thanks for that!

Sorted it now. 8)