H&M auto generates unexpected links

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Alex Matrosov

H&M auto generates unexpected links

Unread post by Alex Matrosov »

Hello!
Please, help)
In my project, I've got some strings like "http://127.0.0.1:34030". In my case, it isn't a link, it's just a parameter value, and it set to plain text, without adding any links. But when I publish a PDF, it automatically generates a link. How can I set H&M not to create auto links?
Thanks in advance for your help!

PS Unfortunately, I didn't figure out how to attach screenshots here.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: H&M auto generates unexpected links

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Alex,

You just need to turn off the automatic creation of links. Go to View > Program Options > Editor and turn off "Automatically detect URLs"

To post screenshots on the forum click on the Attachments tab below the topic. Use the Add Files button to select your screenshot (the file name should not contain any spaces or special characters) and then use the Inline button to insert it in your posting at the cursor position.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Alex Matrosov

Hi Tim!
Thanks for the quick answer!
Unfortunately, your advice did not help in my case. Yes, the blue classic underlined link didn't generate) Anyway, it generates a link) I hope my screenshots will help you to understand what I mean)
HMProject.png
AutolinkInPDF.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Alexander Halser
EC-Software Support

Unread post by Alexander Halser »

This is the magic of Adobe Reader. Help+Manual does not insert a link here, it is Adobe Reader that does it. Tip: format the http part somewhat differently, e.g. italic or bold. That breaks this string into two parts and Adobe doesn't recognize it anymore.
Alexander Halser
Senior Software Architect, EC Software GmbH
Alex Matrosov

Hi, Alexander!
Thanks a lot, I thought the problem was with Adobe) I will try your workarounds!