Drop-down list in TOC

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

mehrwerk_gmbh

Drop-down list in TOC

Unread post by mehrwerk_gmbh »

Hello,

I want to create a drop-down list in/above the TOC as you can see in the screenshot below...
drop-down.PNG
We need this because we work with versions and each version should have its "own" documentation.
Is it possible to implement this? Maybe with toggles/pop-ups/...? I haven't found it in the online help yet.

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Marie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Drop-down list in TOC

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Marie,

You don't say what documentation format you're using but I'm assuming it's WebHelp. That then wouldn't be in the content of your project or anything you would create with Help+Manual itself, because it's not in the content of your project. It's in the HTML of the page where the content is displayed, which is defined by the skin you use to publish the WebHelp.

Both the standard skins with the word "Integrated IFrames" in their names and the Premium Pack skins have configurable drop-down menus in their header bars that you can use for something like this. In the standard Integrated skins, edit the skin in Help+Manual and then navigate to Configuration > Publishing Options > WebHelp > Layout. You will find the source code of the configurable menu between the <IF_HM_INCLUDE_MENU> and </IF_HM_INCLUDE_MENU> tags.

For instructions for the Premium Pack skins see these pages in the Premium Pack documentation:

V3 Responsive Skins
V2 WebHelp Skins
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
mehrwerk_gmbh

Unread post by mehrwerk_gmbh »

Hi Tim,
Tim Green wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:02 pm You don't say what documentation format you're using but I'm assuming it's WebHelp.
oh sorry! Yes, it's WebHelp. And we are using "Boxed_Plain_Grey_WebHelp.hmskin" from the Premium Pack (V3 Responsive Skins)...
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

mehrwerk_gmbh wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:08 pmoh sorry! Yes, it's WebHelp. And we are using "Boxed_Plain_Grey_WebHelp.hmskin" from the Premium Pack (V3 Responsive Skins)...
Then the link to the Premium Pack help in my last answer contains the instructions you need. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.