A question from our software developers - does H+M import JSON?

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Dave Gehman

A question from our software developers - does H+M import JSON?

Unread post by Dave Gehman »

Our software developers want to know if H+M handles JSON import.

(Yes, this is an odd request. I'm pretty sure they want me out of their hair as quickly as possible, and that would be accomplished if they could just throw their JSON code over the wall to me).
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: A question from our software developers - does H+M import JSON?

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Dave,

HM doesn't import JSON. There would also be no real point to it normally, as JSON is for data, not for text and layout, which would be what Help+Manual would import. Instead of focusing on the data format, a better question would be what exactly do your developers want to achieve?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Dave Gehman

Unread post by Dave Gehman »

They wanted to hand me their documentation as quickly as possible, that is, without actually taking more of their time than is necessary. Their documentation is embedded in the JSON code as comments.

They then use the open source TypeDocs to create Web-based help... which does not 100% import into H+M, because the developers at TypeDocs know exactly what is the best structure for a Web side... a structure that is quite different from all the other HTML/Web developers out there, each of which know exactly what is the best structure for a Web site. :lol:

Thanks for taking the time to answer.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Dave Gehman wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:47 pm They wanted to hand me their documentation as quickly as possible, that is, without actually taking more of their time than is necessary. Their documentation is embedded in the JSON code as comments.
No chance, I'm afraid... 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.