"Single page" mode for publishing Webhelp

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

olgarev_tw

"Single page" mode for publishing Webhelp

Unread post by olgarev_tw »

Hi!
My question is - can i configure a project or a skin for publishing the whole folder content as a single web page? And topics inside that folder are displayed with inner headings, and can be addressed as TOC entries too. The goal is to let users explore the big text just scrolling up and down, without switching pages.

I know that i can place the whole big piece of content into one project topic, with inner headings and anchors, and then add those anchors to the TOC manually. But first, i don't want to do it all manually, and second, editing is much easier in small topics. That's why i want to merge topics only while publishing.

Thanks in advance!
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: "Single page" mode for publishing Webhelp

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Olga,

Sorry, we don't currently have a single-page mode. We've considered it, but there are just too many huge projects out there. Compiling anything big to a single page would be a really bad idea and it's difficult to decide where to make the cutoff. Since this is a feature that only one person asks for every five years or so, we decided not to develop it. :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
olgarev_tw

Re: "Single page" mode for publishing Webhelp

Unread post by olgarev_tw »

Thanks, Tim, i thought there may be a workaround there, smth with #MERGE... But if not - OK then )