Linked image in print manual designer

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

John Hart

Linked image in print manual designer

Unread post by John Hart »

Hi,

Is it possible to have an image on the front cover of the pdf output that varies between help projects?

What im trying to do is to change the design of our manuals so that there is an image of the product on the front page. I can see how to insert images, but i want to avoid having a separate template for each product, so i was hoping to be able to set a variable that linked an image (with a defined file name) from the project folder. Is that possible?
John Hart

Re: Linked image in print manual designer

Unread post by John Hart »

In the meantime, i have figured out a workaround for this (obviously, right after i posted). I can create a topic with no TOC entry with a name that is uniform across all help projects (Cover-Image) and have that topic just be an image. Then you can insert a topic into the PDF designer front page.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Linked image in print manual designer

Unread post by Tim Green »

John Hart wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:25 pm In the meantime, i have figured out a workaround for this (obviously, right after i posted). I can create a topic with no TOC entry with a name that is uniform across all help projects (Cover-Image) and have that topic just be an image. Then you can insert a topic into the PDF designer front page.
Bingo! That is exactly the way to do it. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.