Execute Link in a New Window?

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Dale Aceron

Execute Link in a New Window?

Unread post by Dale Aceron »

When editing a Snippet, currently, I Right Click the Snippet and it takes me to the original text, but it shoots me down the Project Folder.
Is there a way to open the Execute Link in a New Window so that I don't need to re-locate the Topic I was originally editing?
Martin Wynne

Re: Execute Link in a New Window?

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

Dale Aceron wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:45 pmWhen editing a Snippet, currently, I Right Click the Snippet and it takes me to the original text, but it shoots me down the Project Folder. Is there a way to open the Execute Link in a New Window so that I don't need to re-locate the Topic I was originally editing?
Hi Dale,

After opening the snippet, if you click the blue left-right arrows on the top caption bar you can jump to and fro between the snippet and the original topic.

But the official way to deal with this is to first right-click on the topic which you are currently editing in the TOC, then Open Topic in a New Tab, which makes a copy of it in a new tab. The snippet will then open for editing in the original tab.

cheers,

Martin.
Dale Aceron

Re: Execute Link in a New Window?

Unread post by Dale Aceron »

Thanks Martin,

I will try the official way as I do not see a caption bar or arrows when I am editing the snippet.