Embedded HX screencast images not appearing in published H+M documentation

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

win2pdf_user

Embedded HX screencast images not appearing in published H+M documentation

Unread post by win2pdf_user »

I'm sure this is something specific to my configuration, but looking for any ideas on things I can check.

I'm using HelpXplain 1.3.0.1290 and Help+Manual 7.5.4 Build 4760.

I create a screencast in HelpXplain and that seems to work just fine. Then I insert the "HelpXplain" screencast media into a help page in H+M. Again, this is fine. I publish the documents to HTML, and view on my local machine. Everything is fine -- the page displays and the screencast runs correctly.

Here's the issue: When I upload the documentation set to our test web server, everything works fine -- the page appears, the HX assets and animation appear, but... the screencast specific screens I created do NOT appear. It like there is a permission problem, or a file path problem that doesn't allow the images to be found.

Any ideas on things I could check? Thanks.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Embedded HX screencast images not appearing in published H+M documentation

Unread post by Tim Green »

The first question here is, are you really uploading everything? The HX screencasts and infographics are stored in a sub-folder of your project folder and the entire folder structure and all its contents is required for it to work correctly.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
win2pdf_user

Re: Embedded HX screencast images not appearing in published H+M documentation

Unread post by win2pdf_user »

Thanks, it's fixed. It was something on our end that we preventing the subfolder from being uploaded, but it's resolved now. Thanks for the quick response.