Problem with Youtube link

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

mbgg

Problem with Youtube link

Unread post by mbgg »

Hi -
I am using Version 7.5.1. Build 4713.
I want to insert a new Youtube link in my project:
  • if I insert it in a normal topic (under "Table of Contents" in the Project Explorer) then publish to a chm file, the video runs properly.
  • if I then copy the link to a topic that appears only under "Project files"-> "Topic files"- > "Topics" , I get the following error message when I click on the icon:
error1.jpg
I can't see any other difference between the two inserts.
:cry:
Michael
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael

Version 7.5.4 - Build 4760
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Problem with Youtube link

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Michael,
I am using Version 7.5.1. Build 4713.
The current build is 7.5.4 Build 4760. Please get the installer here and update as soon as you can:

https://www.helpandmanual.com/downloads.html#oldver

I just checked this and this shouldn't make any difference so long as the page templates for both topics are the same and up to date. Try publishing with a different skin. Use one of the standard CHM skins that you have not edited at all and see if that works.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
mbgg

Unread post by mbgg »

Thank you.
I downloaded the latest version - no improvement
I then reloaded the same skin from the program folder (the current one was in one of my project folders): "CHM skin, dark blue header, feature images..." : no improvement.

The topic is hidden and can only be viewed by clicking on an option in the program. Is there a better way to create a hidden topic ?

Michael
Michael

Tim Green
Site Admin

This must have something to do with your specific project. I've tested this with hidden topics opening in the main CHM window and also in a secondary window and it works without problems everywhere. Please send a small demo project to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and we'll check it for you:
  • DON'T include CHM files. Your mail will be blocked by the mail server if you do.
  • Send only a single-file HMXZ project. If your project is uncompressed HMXP use Save As... in the File menu to create a single-file version and then send the .hmxz file.
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
mbgg

Unread post by mbgg »

Thank you.
I solved the problem!! The "Topic class" of the hidden topic was "Popup"; I changed it to "Default" and now the video plays. :lol:
Michael
Michael

Tim Green
Site Admin

mbgg wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:49 amI solved the problem!! The "Topic class" of the hidden topic was "Popup"; I changed it to "Default" and now the video plays. :lol:
Yes, that could do it, depending on your popup and HTML page template settings.
Regards,

Private support:
EdwinBonilla

Unread post by EdwinBonilla »

I had a similar situation, but the Topic class part had not been found in the configuration. But now I have it very clear
all is possible!
Visit https://de.savefrom.net/9-how-to-download-facebook-video.html