Regarding Export to PDF for toggle content

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Vanitha R

Regarding Export to PDF for toggle content

Unread post by Vanitha R »

hi Team,

I have done my user manual using toggle content. The toggle content has screens captured from the tool interface. These screens appear complete in web view but when I export to PDF it is cut at the right (incomplete). Because of this I have the time consuming task of removing all toggle content and replacing it with normal text before export to PDF. Kindly let me know if there is a way around as this is tedious.

Regards
Vanitha
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Regarding Export to PDF for toggle content

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Vanitha,
These screens appear complete in web view but when I export to PDF it is cut at the right (incomplete).
If this is happening then something is formatted incorrectly. You have probably set the toggle tables to have a fixed width that is wider than the fixed page width in PDF. Remember that PDF is a printed page that cannot change at all when it is displayed, even if it is stored in a file. You may also have used non-wrapping text, or images that are not responsive. Always make sure that your text is formatted so that it can wrap. When inserting images always use the % of page width, maximum is physical width option. Then the image will always adjust to fit its container. When the image is in a table the % width is the percent of the table cell width, not of the page width.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.