Batch publish - override output path in a task

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

John Johann

Batch publish - override output path in a task

Unread post by John Johann »

My projects contain pre-defined tasks which include the output file path.

Is it possible to override the output path specified in the task when executing via batch file?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Batch publish - override output path in a task

Unread post by Tim Green »

John Johann wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:19 pm Is it possible to override the output path specified in the task when executing via batch file?
No, tasks are always executed as a full block when you call them from the command line. If you want granular control like that you need to put everything in the batch file. Or just create another action in the task with a different output path.

Remember that you can call individual actions from within a task by using the syntax:

Code: Select all

/TSK="Task Name:Action Name" 
Where the task name and the action name are separated by a colon. So you could create one action for each output path you need and call them individually from your batch. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
John Johann

Unread post by John Johann »

Thanks for the prompt reply -- can you then please put "Copy/duplicate action" on the wish list
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

John Johann wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:50 pm Thanks for the prompt reply -- can you then please put "Copy/duplicate action" on the wish list
Done. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.