Inactivate Topic?

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Laurel Todd

Inactivate Topic?

Unread post by Laurel Todd »

I have a topic that the user would like "hidden" for now until they have time to update it. Is there a way to do that?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Inactivate Topic?

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Laurel,
I have a topic that the user would like "hidden" for now until they have time to update it. Is there a way to do that?
This is easy to do provided that it doesn't have any sub-topics that you DO want to include (because then excluding it would also remove the sub-topics from the TOC, because then they have nowhere to go). There are two ways to do this:

*) Right-click on the topic entry in the table of contents on the left and then in the Include in Builds menu DEselect any options that are selected. The topic will then not be included in the output.
OR
*) Right-click on the topic entry and change the topic status to anything other than "Complete". Then when you publish select the option to only include Complete topics in the output. Note that this will also exclude any other topics that you have set to any status other than Complete.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Laurel Todd

Re: Inactivate Topic?

Unread post by Laurel Todd »

Fantastic - Thanks - I'll add this to my "tips" document.