Search Results Not Linking

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

lisabyrd

Search Results Not Linking

Unread post by lisabyrd »

Hello, in our published HM 7 test project (v 7.5.3 Build 4740), we are able to search for terms, but the returned Search Results do not link to pages. They underline when hovered over, and when we right-click and select "open in new window/tab," the correct page displays. This seems to be an issue since we linked to our installed version of Zoom Search Engine Professional (v 7.1 Build 1022), but we have Search configured in Zoom to open in "hmcontent." Our published production project is not using our installed version of Zoom and does not have these issues.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Search Results Not Linking

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Lisa,

What skin are you using? The frameless skins in the Premium Pack don't have a hmcontent frame, so that reference would go into Nirvana there... 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
lisabyrd

Hi, Tim - The skin is "flat slate grey." Like I said, it works when we don't have installed version of Zoom linked.
Tim Green
Site Admin

lisabyrd wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:28 pm Hi, Tim - The skin is "flat slate grey." Like I said, it works when we don't have installed version of Zoom linked.
That works fine with the full version of Zoom, you just need to set up your Zoom config file correctly. Among other things it's essential to set both the start directory and the output directory in the Start Options to your local WebHelp output folder and the Base URL to "./" (without the quotes). Even though this skin is frameless you must also set the target frame to "hmcontent". The scripts in the skin will then interpret that correctly.

You can download a PDF with full instructions here:

Zoom Full Version Instructions

IMPORTANT: Don't activate "Enable date range searching". That will display but isn't supported in the skin CSS, which was created before that became available. That will be added in one of the next updates of Premium Pack 4.
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
lisabyrd

Hi, Tim - We went back through the linked Zoom PDF and it appears that things are set up correctly. We are using the Flat Slate Grey Premium Pack v3 skin. When we changed to the Webhelp Responsive Grey ISkin, and search results linked correctly and the Zoom reports ran correctly.

Any other paths we can take to get the Flat Slate Grey to work?
Tim Green
Site Admin

lisabyrd wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:22 pm Any other paths we can take to get the Flat Slate Grey to work?
I just tested with the full version of Zoom and the current versions of that skin from both Premium Pack 3 and 4 and it is working fine. Have you modified the skin in any way? Also, what version of the Premium Pack do you have installed?
Regards,

Private support:
lisabyrd

We have not modified the skin, no. :( We're using v3.
Tim Green
Site Admin

lisabyrd wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:50 pm We have not modified the skin, no. :( We're using v3.
Please write to me at support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and I'll send you a link for the current version of V3, yours may be out of date. I may also ask you to send me a demo project for checking.
Regards,

Private support: