VERY occasional user question - enable full text search?

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Elissa Miller

VERY occasional user question - enable full text search?

Unread post by Elissa Miller »

Hi, all:

I have Help & Manual 7 Professional, which I haven't used in more than a year and I can't recall some basic important information.

Specifically, to save my life, I can't figure out how to enable Full Text Search in the WebHelp output. I've found the Full Text Search item in the skin I'm using/Configuration/Publishing Options/Webhelp/Full Text Search where I can edit how the Full Text Search looks and behaves, but I can't figure out how to actually make the Full Text Search option show up in the in the Webhelp output.

I know this is a super-beginner-level question (and in the distant past, I published WebHelp with search enabled) but is there a switch or something that turns the Full Text Search on and off? (I am definitely using the Professional edition.) I feel really stupid for not being able to find this in the documentation, but I always end up at Reference > Project Configuration Settings > Publishing Options > WebHelp which is all about how the text search looks and behaves, NOT how to include it in the build.

Thanks for reminding me how to do this.

Regards,
Elissa Miller
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: VERY occasional user question - enable full text search?

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Elissa,

No problem: Edit the skin and look in Publishing Options > WeHelp > Navigation. You can find the options for activating/deactivating the search and keyword index panes there. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Elissa Miller

Re: VERY occasional user question - enable full text search?

Unread post by Elissa Miller »

D'OH!!! Thanks as always.