Premium Pack Compatibility With Version 7.5.4 (build 4760)

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Marcologix

Premium Pack Compatibility With Version 7.5.4 (build 4760)

Unread post by Marcologix »

I am running the latest version of Help & Manual 7 (I downloaded it today from the H&M website) and was wondering which Premium Pack I should be installing with it. Will Premium Pack 4 work with Version 7, or do I need to be using an older pack? If I should be using an older Premium Pack -- from where can I download it as I did not see any links to download older Premium Packs on the H&M website. Thanks much.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Premium Pack Compatibility With Version 7.5.4 (build 4760)

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Marco,

Premium Pack 4 is explicitly compatible with Help+Manual 7, so it's best to use that version, provided you are on the latest build of HM7. As long as you use 7.5.4 Build 4760 you're fine, but you would have problems in some places with earlier builds.

The only slightly different thing in HM7 is with the new magazine skins, which display the chapters in your help as a grid of tiles with an image and the description for each tile. HM8 provides the information for these tiles directly, but HM7 doesn't. This means that the skin needs to read the compressed JSON versions of those topics to get the information and build the grid, which means that the magazine page displays a little more slowly initially. However, this is hardly noticeable on broadband connections. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Marcologix

Hi again Tim -

On this topic: A few years back, my client purchased a copy of H&M7 along with the Premium Pack that was available at that time. However, when I reinstalled and unlocked Version 7.5.4 on my new laptop last week, the Premium Pack did not install with it. How would we be able to download and install the older premium pack that we purchased along with H&M 7 a few years back? (Unless I am missing something, it seems that Premium Pack 4 is the only version available on your website at this time.)

Thanks again.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Marco,

You can still download and install your purchased version of the Premium Pack with the credentials you received when you purchased it (download link and your installation password). If you no longer have these please contact support at support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and we can send you a copy.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Marcologix

Thanks Tim. As you suggested, I just sent an email to your support department as I no longer have the original download links.