Expanding image toggle not working in Publish Task

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

kloschinskyl

Expanding image toggle not working in Publish Task

Unread post by kloschinskyl »

I'm not sure if anyone has run across this before but I have set all of my images to an expanding image toggle and when I publish a TOC to WebHelp using the Publish Now all images behave correctly (user can click on to display the full version). However when I create a Publish Task for the same TOC the images are static and do not toggle. :frustration: Is there something I'm missing when creating a Publish Task?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Expanding image toggle not working in Publish Task

Unread post by Tim Green »

However when I create a Publish Task for the same TOC the images are static and do not toggle. :frustration: Is there something I'm missing when creating a Publish Task?
When you create your WebHelp using a publish task Help+Manual doesn't display the WebHelp automatically, and so it doesn't start its local web server that it uses for this. My guess is that you are trying to view your WebHelp after publishing by double-clicking on one of the HTML files. That won't work because as its name hopefully indicates, WebHelp is for the Web. It will only work correctly on a web server. Many scripted functions, including the table of contents dynamics and quite possibly also things like toggles, will be blocked by Windows for security reasons. Everything will be fine once you upload your WebHelp files to your web server and access them there.

If you need local documentation installed on a computer without a web server, try Help+Manual's eWriter format. That is what it is for: It packages regular WebHelp in a single file along with a standalone viewer that you can install along with it, or your users can download. Check out eWriter in the Help+Manual documentation. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.