PP 3.1 'button' links

This forum is for discussions on the Help & Manual Premium Pack and the Premium Pack Toolbox configuration utility introduced with Premium Pack 3

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Tim Frost

PP 3.1 'button' links

Unread post by Tim Frost »

When I have clicked a 'button' link to an anchor in the same or a different topic, the browser Back button does not take me back. This is different from the behaviour of a normal link in the text, to the same topic. The back button appears to be counting, because it goes grey when there is nowhere left to go back to, but intermediate pages do not display. Tested in IE, Firefox and Chrome, and I had noticed the same earlier today in testing PP 3.0. IE exhibits another 'feature' in this area. When the button link goes to an anchor in the same topic (typically A..Z buttons at the top), the screen refreshes on clicking the button the first time, but does not scroll to the anchor until you click the same button again.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: PP 3.1 'button' links

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Tim,

Thanks for noticing this. I think I know what might be causing it. It would be helpful if you could mail a small test project to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) so that I'm sure that I'm testing exactly the same thing as you. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tim Frost

Unread post by Tim Frost »

I do not have a 'small' project to hand which I could send you. Is there a simple way to 'save as' a new project containing only a few topics out of the several hundred that I have?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Tim,
Tim Frost wrote:I do not have a 'small' project to hand which I could send you. Is there a simple way to 'save as' a new project containing only a few topics out of the several hundred that I have?
Just do a Save As... with the entire project and then in the new copy delete everything except the topics you want to keep. :) Use the single-file HMXZ format. That's already compressed (it's actually a ZIP with a different extension) so you can send it directly.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.